With the Right Approach, Regular Blog Content Can Get More Eyes on Your Website
Even if you don’t have an SEO blog strategy, you may already publish a blog. There are many reasons why businesses publish blog posts. For providers of hospitality and adventure recreation, your blog is a platform to share exciting photos, stories, and news. Compared with social media, blog posts can be longer, contain multiple links, image galleries, videos, and more.
A blog can also serve to push your website higher in search engine rankings. But this cannot be accomplished without SEO research. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of tuning your website content to the interests of your target audience. Search phrases like “wingshooting lodge” or “fly fishing expedition” can help people find your business online. With SEO, you can improve your website’s visibility for search terms like this.
SEO specialists can use advanced keyword research tools to help you discover what search terms would be best for you to focus on. Aside from your own expertise and knowledge of your market, this step is crucial for making sure your SEO strategy is sound.
First Steps for an SEO Blog Strategy
- SEO Research: Keyword research is necessary to improve your on-page SEO. As you write about topics related to your business, you will likely use relevant keywords naturally. However, initial keyword research is incredibly valuable. It will allow you to see all the search terms relevant to your business, and which are easiest to “win”. SEO keyword research helps you prioritize the words and phrases that will help boost your website’s visibility.
- Optimize your image files: Use keywords and phrases in your image alt text and captions. Next, make sure your images are sized appropriately for your blog posts. Images that are too large will take longer to load, which hurts your search engine rankings. Conversely, images that are too small may appear stretched out or blurry.
- Internal and outgoing links: As you create written content for your blog, include sources for the information you share. Linking to other articles is another way to improve your SEO. This is true when you link to outside sources and other pages within your own website.
- Subscribe call to action: Provide a clear option for your readers to subscribe to your blog posts. This will make sure readers who opt-in will see any future blog posts from you. More visitors to your blog will also improve your SEO.
- Implement keywords and phrases: Search engines “crawl” entire websites for instances of search terms. Once you know the keywords and phrases you are working to win, make sure to utilize them throughout your blog posts. In particular, use them in your titles, headings, subheadings, and initial paragraphs. SEO specialists understand how to use a website’s built-in SEO tools such as Yoast. These tools can help you understand how effective each post will be at improving your SEO.
Don’t Hesitate to Ask About SEO
Your website is the face of your business online. It provides information to people who are looking at options for adventure recreation and travel. An effective SEO Blog strategy can put your business in front of more potential customers.
Search engines are constantly updating their standards for how they feature websites in search results. SEO strategies are best employed over the long term, adapting to changes as they arise. Investing in your online presence can help you get better results from your digital marketing strategy.
Romeo Bravo develops powerful, intuitive tools for the travel and adventure recreation industry. We also provide web services for businesses looking to grow their online presence. If you have questions about SEO, websites, or any other web services, reach out. We can’t wait to show you what’s possible today.
Call 970-439-4340 or contact us online.